Registration Deadline: February 10th
PARADE EVENT LOGISTICS
Welcome to the 2017 fifth Annual Rumson St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Sunday, March 12 Starting at 1 pm (Rain or Shine)
All Parade Participants
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION!
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day of Parade Information
- Please assign one representative to serve as your Unit Captain. All Unit Captains must register the day of the Parade. No Exceptions
There will be TWO registration locations:
BANDS & MARCHERS (NO VEHICLES OR FLOATS IN YOUR UNIT)
Registration Location: Church St. between Allen St. and Lafayette St. at Rogers Park
Registration will open at 10:30am and close at Noon
- A Unit number will be assigned during registration. You will be directed to a green cone that will have your designated Unit number posted. Units MUST be lined up by 12:15 pm.
- Line up will be on Church St. from Allen St., down Third St. to West River Rd.
- Parade Marshals will escort your Unit to the Parade staging area shortly after 12:15 pm. The Parade will start promptly at 1 pm. The Parade route is approximately one mile.
- It is encouraged that all participants ARRIVE IN TOWN NO LATER THEN 11:00 am due to rolling road closures and limited parking. Note: River Rd. will be closed from Buena Vista Ave. to Bingham Ave. starting at 11:15 am.
ALL VEHICLES & FLOATS
Registration Location:Bellevue Ave. at Ridge Rd. (Front of Rumson Country Day School)
Registration will open at 11:15 am and close at 12:15 pm
Participants MUST enter Bellevue Ave. off of Rumson Rd. ONLY and proceed to registration. (Bellevue Ave. at Ridge Rd. will be closed to all traffic.)
- A Unit number will be assigned during registration. You will be notified when to proceed to the green cone that will have your designated Unit number posted.
- Numbered cones will be lined up along Bellevue Ave. and West River Rd. to Third St.
- Walkers associated with vehicles and floats may wish to stage on Second St. and proceed to your Unit north on River Rd. between noon and 12:30pm. It is encouraged to leave ample time to park.
- West River Rd. will be closed from Buena Vista Ave. to Bingham Ave. starting at 11:15 am.
- Parade Marshals will be wearing green reflective vests should you need any assistance.
- Limited shuttle transportation will be provided on Forrest Ave. at Carton St. looping near the start of the Parade. Participants may wish to leave a vehicle or set up transportation near the end of the Parade route at Carton St. and Forrest Ave.
- There will be several portable latrines located throughout the town. Please refer to map on our website www.rumsonstpatricksdayparade.org/participate/event-logistics/event-maps/
Rules and Regulations Highlights for Parade Participants
- Safety is Priority One
- Please abide by all of the Rules and Regulations from registering or refer to our website
- NO open containers, NO throwing of any kind and NO solicitation for donations
- Any hand outs must be given directly to the spectators, nothing should be thrown
- If you are handling any animals, your Unit is reasonable for Clean Up
- NO Sirens or Horns of any kind are permitted
- This is a family event for the entire community. All performances, activities, signage, logos, music and anything that can be seen or heard by the crowd must be Rated “G”
- Musical/dancing groups are permitted to stop up to a minute and a half to perform for the Judges at the near end of the Parade route in front of the Rumson Firehouse apron (just past Black Point Rd. and East River Rd.). There will be no stopping along the Parade Route.
Lunch Break Leprechaun Food Drive
Lunch Break Leprechaun’s will be collecting food on Parade day.
All participants are asked to bring non-perishable food items. They may be dropped off at the registration areas on the day of the Parade.
New Jersey Hall of Fame Mobile Museum
There will be an interactive New Jersey Hall of Fame Mobile Museum located in Piping Rock Park (end of the Parade route) on the day of the Parade. The Mobile Museum is a moving capsule of the almost 100 New Jersey Hall of Fame inductees’ contributions to history. Open from noon till 4:30 pm.
The Mobile Museum is a moving capsule of the almost 100 New Jersey Hall of Fame inductees’ contributions to history. Open from noon till 4:30 pm.
Thank you for participating in our 2017 Fifth Annual Parade!
Please enjoy this Irish day of celebration and all that Rumson has to offer!
Rumson St. Patrick’s Day Parade Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization (EIN 45-5509169)